Sunday, November 29, 2015

meet the teacher monday: Sense and Sensibility

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

The winter holiday season is by far my favorite time of year. My senses come alive as the smells, sights, and sounds unique to the holidays make their long awaited debut.

My ears are filled sounds of the musical styling of the Vince Guaraldi Trio's, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and silky smooth crooners like Nat King Cole and the Rat Pack. 

My eyes feast on twinkling lights sparkling along city streets. Dazzling displays of bright red, sliver and gold litter the landscape as far as the eye can see.

And the smells...THE SMELLS. The aroma of fresh baked cookies and gingerbread lattes penetrate the air. I said this before and I will say it again, by the end of the holiday season I will have either a fat (fatter) ass or (*in my Wilfred Brimley voice*)diabeetus. 

The sounds, sights, and smells are what make the holiday merry and bright!

Here are a few of my holiday faves that stimulate my senses...

What are your favorite holiday sounds? Sights? Smells?



For those new to Meet The Teacher Monday, here's the scoop:


MEET THE TEACHER MONDAY is a weekly linky celebration, dedicated to making and culminating friendships among our tribe of fellow teachers. Just follow these simple guidelines:-)
  • Snag the MTTM graphic. On your blog, please respond to this week's questions or prompt provided.
  • Return to my blog and link your post.
  • Visit one or two bloggers ahead of you in the linky, and leave a comment in response to their Meet the Teacher Monday post.
  • Visit one or two bloggers after you in the linky line-up and leave a comment as well.
  • And because it's so hard to find time to blog, feel free to post any day of the week, not just Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment