Monday, March 3, 2014

Meet the Teacher Monday: Dr. Seuss Edition

This week's Meet the Teacher Monday will celebrate Dr. Seuss and Read Across America. For those of you who are new, answer this weeks questions on your blog, return to my blog to link up, and check out two or three of the blogs that have linked up. Enjoy!



Meet the Teacher Monday: Dr. Seuss Edition 

1. What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Why?
My favorite Dr. Seuss book is Green Eggs and Ham. Aside from having the opportunity to cook green eggs, this book is my favorite because it teaches you the value of being open to trying new things.

2. Do you have a favorite quote by Dr. Seuss
There are so many to choose from. I think ONE of my all time favorites is:
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way!"
3. There are many life lessons to be learned from the works of Dr. Seuss? What's your favorite life lesson to teach your students?
For me, Oh,The Places You Go! holds many life lessons: setting goals, looking towards the future, and self-motivation...just to name a few. 

4. Please share something special you plan to do with your class this week in honor of Dr. Seuss.
I found these chip clips in the Target dollar spot last December. My goal was to make a Christmas presents learning activity using the bows as a manipulative. That never happened. A helpful teacher on IG suggested that I use the bows for a Dr. Seuss activity, and so I did. 


4 comments:

  1. I wish we did Read Across America week! We don't do this, but I am totally planning on bringing it up for next year!! I love your Dr. Seuss quote too!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your activity!!!!!!!!! That is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina,

    I'd like to nominate you for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I always enjoy reading your ideas on your blog and I love that you started a Linky! Visit my blog for all of the details if you choose to accept and participate. It takes a little work, but it was fun to share about myself and get the chance to learn more about other people in this amazing teacher bloggy world!

    :) Ash
    The Rolly Chair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your nomination!!!! I just found your blog through the awesome Ash. I also saw your Dr. Seuss bow idea on IG and just thought it was so great!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete