Monday, March 3, 2014

March...In Like a Lion!

As I scrolled through my Bloglovin feed I noticed several people have already submitted March's CURRENTLY! I cannot believe it's March ALREADY! Well, once again I am linking up with Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade for this month's currently. 

Listening
I am listening to the Oscar's Live Backstage telecast. I am not a fan of award shows. I am however interested in what the stars are wearing. I consider myself a poor man's Carrie Bradshaw. I have champagne style on a beer budget. We teach for the outcome, not the income. That's what I have to keep telling myself. 

Loving
In just 5 short days SPRING BREAK will be here!!! The only thing I ask is that this Texas weather get its act together. Saturday the weather was in the 80s and today we are miserable and shivering in the 30s. If I had to choose one word to describe Texas weather,  one word come to mind, BIPOLAR.

Thinking
Today I learned that something or someone will always make me feel like I don't measure up. Instead of competing and comparing myself with others, I need to stop trying to keep up, and run my own race. I don't need anyone to confirm or validate me. I am here to fulfill my own destiny. In a nutshell, I need to be content with the gifts that God has given me.

Wanting
Saturday, I picked up the cutest pair of cowboy booties. I wanted a pair of "real" boots, but I am not willing to invest $300 in shoes I will only wear a few times a year. My next order of business for my rodeo outfit is to find a cute dress that I will pair with my jean jacket and some jazzy jewelry. Wish me luck;  I may meet my future cowboy husband at the Usher concert. Haa!

Needing
Each year teachers in the state of Texas have to rate their students limited in English proficiency. And each year we have to suffer through the training. And each year I procrastinate until the last minute. I should be completing the modules now instead of blogging. 

????????
Any guesses? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

As always, make the ordinary extraordinary. Don't forget to return for Meet the Teacher Monday which will be posted this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Are your three things all things in your purse? I also like to shop on a budget I don't have!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete