First off, is it Monday? I know I am not the only teacher who loses track of time over the summer break. I vowed to myself that I would maintain some semblance of a "normal" (what's normal, right?) schedule so my nights and days would not get mixed up. Last year, my summer "schedule" resembled that of a newborn baby. I typically went to bed around 3 AM or 4 AM, and usually faced the new day around 12 noon. Not this summer! I am making every effort to be productive. If you call productive, slacking and watching Netflix or Amazon Prime all day. Ha ha...
Without further adieu, lets get this party started! Since its been a minute, let me remind everyone of the MTTM instructions:
- Take the time to respond to the questions/prompts on your blog.
- Return to my blog and link up below.
- Check out the blogs of at least two other MTTM participants (...that's if anyone participates. Haha.)
- O, last but not least, HAVE FUN!
Meet the Teacher Monday: Summer Edition
1. What's your summer teacher persona?
- Slacker Teacher:catching up on every episode of everything you wanted to watch during the school year
- Mommy-On-The-Go: consumed with your children's extracurricular activities
- Summer Fun Teacher:hanging with friends and traveling the world
- Overachiever Teacher:Making TPT products, proparing your classroom, you never really took a break
My summer persona is, you guessed it...Teacher Slacker. This summer I decided to work the first session of ESYS (Special Education Summer School). Let's just say I earned my money. And for the first time in my teaching career, a student bit me. After those challenging three weeks, I deserve some much needed Netflix vegging sessions.
2. It's a sunny day in July. Your schedule is wide open, so you decide to?
Since I am not that keen on being outdoors, I like to spend my time reading. #teachernerd Tomorrow, or one day this week, I plan to make a solo trip to the museum district. I have a hankering to visit the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, or the Holocaust Museum.
3.What is your favorite summer thirst quencher?
At the beginning of the summer I developed an addiction to Sonic's Slushes. At least 3 days a week between the hours of 2 PM-4 PM, my car could be found parked at a local Sonic for happy hour. And with it being happy hour, of course I ordered a Route 44! I recognized my addiction, and stopped frequenting Sonic. I realized at that rate of consumption, by the end of the summer I would have developed diabeetus and tripled in size.
4. Where will you be soaking up the summer sun? Have you planned any vacations?
Between my boy's busy dance schedule and recently moving, planning a vacation this summer proved challenging. However, I plan to take a couple of trips this fall. Perhaps Colorado, Seattle, and/or Connecticut. All dance related trips...of course.
5. Any summer reads, professional and personal?
I recently started reading The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (a gift from my Mother). After reading The Four Agreements, I plan to read the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu and then (maybe) Conversations With God by Neale Walsch.
6. What does your summer TV habits consist of?
I usually spend the summer catching up on EVERYTHING thing I missed during the school year.
Currently, I am catching up on Pretty Little Liars. My interest is starting to wan with show. Other shows I am getting brought up to speed on: The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, and Teen Wolf (Garbage. I know, but the cast is nice to look at). And of course you cannot forget Netflix's summer treats, Orange Is the New Black and Hemlock Grove.
7. Favorite Summer song of 2014?
7. Favorite Summer song of 2014?
Summer by Calvin Harris!!!!
That concludes another thrilling installment of MTTM! Your turn!!