With that being said, let's get started. Real quick, here are the rules again:
- Answer this week's questions on your blog
- Link up on my blog
- Read and comment on at least two blogs that have linked up!
Meet the Teacher Monday: The Business of Blogging
1. How long have you been a blogger? I have been blogging since 2009.
2. Do you have any blogs other than your teacher/education blog?Yes, I have another blog titled, "Ah Me So Hongry!" I started that blog as a means of free therapy to share my weight loss trials and tribulations. I still blog on that blog from time to time, but for the most part I pretty much abandoned Me So Hongry. Here are some of my favorite posts:
3. What niche is your blog in? Education, but my other blog is a weight loss blog.
4. Do you have plans to start any other blogs? Yes, I plan to start what I call my "mean girl" blog titled, "You Were Thinking It, But I Said It." I need this blog so I can vent about things that
make me want to choke people irritate me. I already have my first post planned, "8 Things You Should Never Say to Single People."
5. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy expressing my self through writing. On occasion, other bloggers have complimented by writing style. I also enjoy the opportunities that blogging has to offer: connecting with bloggers, reviewing products, and inspiring others.
6. What do you enjoy least about blogging? Yes, I blog for myself, but followers and feedback are every blogger's dream. It takes time to build a following and time is a luxury that some of us can't afford.
7. How often do you blog? Sadly, I blog once or twice a week. I have my blog posts planned out. The problem is... trying to find time to compose my posts. My goal is to blog at least 3 times of week. As you can see, that is not the case. This week I vow to make a concerted effort to blog more.
8. If you could meet anyone from the blogosphere, who would it be? That's a tough one. I am new to the teacher blog scene so I have not really had much time to explore and connect. However, Mr. Bradley from @bradleys_learning_paradise and I have discussed a possible Houston Area Teacher/Blogger Meet-Up. From the weight loss blogosphere, I would love to meet Bitch Cakes.
9. Are there any hot-button issues you will not discuss on your blog? In regards to both of my blogs, I prefer to stay away from politics and child rearing. I have learned that people can get downright ignorant and nasty. It's best to stay away from hot-button topics. On my weight loss blog, I keep my trap shut about weight loss surgery. With my new blog...anything goes!
10. Name one thing (or more) that you would like to accomplish with your blog? I want my blog to be more than just posts about activities my students complete in class. Take for instance my previous post, The Three Most Annoying People You'll Meet At A Staff Development Meeting, I enjoy writing humorous pieces of that nature. I wouldn't mind being published in the Huffington Post. In my opinion, my brand of humor fits in with some of the snarky Huffington articles I have read.
You're up! Answer the questions and then LINK UP! Can't wait to read about your blog aspirations.